Corporate Counsel - (B4)
Company: Applied Materials
Posted: April 10, 2017
Reference ID: 1701928
Applied Materials is seeking an organized, energetic team player who will be a business partner/advisor to our fastest-growing businesses. They should be comfortable interacting with business executives, product teams, our sales force, and our customers. The Applied environment is fast paced, friendly, and hard-working. This position will report to a Vice President in the Global Law Department.
1. Provide business and legal advice to our growth business
2. Assists sales team and other stakeholders in understanding legal and contract concepts and implications
3. Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial, IP and other contracts
4. With oversight, implement processes and advise on special projects
5. With oversight, provide training and develop programs to protect IP and accomplish business goals.
6. Perform general legal research and due diligence in connection with the above.
Responsibilities of the job include the following:
• 2-6 years of legal experience with a focus in the following area:
o Commercial matters and transactions (buy-sell)
o Transactions involving the sale, licensing purchase or IP assets
o Work experience in law firm preferred
Also beneficial would be experience in:
o Licensing (including software licensing)
o Financing and M&A transactions
o Understanding of patent law.
Licensed in California
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
• Strong intellectual capacity and high personal standards of excellence.
• Strong business acumen; capacity to learn the business quickly.
• Understand how to translate business needs into contract language, including creativity in finding solution to help resolve business issues.
• Passionate, proactive, highly motivated self-starter.
• Ability to work independently on a wide variety of tasks and drive results.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks/projects at the same time.
• Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to define specific action plans based on general guidance and deliver results.
• Strong customer focus, both internal and external.
• Ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries, and with a diverse group of colleagues and internal clients in multiple countries.
• P ersonal presence that inspires trust and confidence; sound judgment; highest integrity; willingness to engage in constructive debate; influence leadership skills.
• Excellent communications skills; active listener; inclusive.
• A bility to perform as part of a team.
• Flexible, personable and enjoys a dynamic corporate culture.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.