At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities.
United States : Georgia : Atlanta
Alternate Job Location
The attorney will join an active Investments Law group that assists business partners in originating and managing a diverse commercial mortgage loan and real estate equity portfolio. Specifically, the attorney will provide insightful, timely, and pragmatic counsel on a wide range of legal services in the areas of commercial mortgage loan production, closings and servicing, equity acquisitions and sales, real estate asset management and leasing and build positive business partner relationships with diplomacy.
- Provide advice and counsel on all legal aspects for a sophisticated commercial real estate investments group. Provide transaction structuring of real estate mortgage loans, acquisitions, development, construction, dispositions and joint ventures. Advise business partners on loan originations, real estate purchase and sales, joint ventures and leases.
- Counsel business teams involved in all areas of commercial real estate transactional work, new product development and on insurance regulation impacting MetLife’s commercial real estate portfolio.
- Draft and negotiate contracts, documents and work related to real estate investments, such as loan commitments, joint venture agreements, asset management agreements and leases.
- Combine technical legal knowledge with sound business acumen and knowledge of relevant and key business initiatives and or objectives.
- Have ability to prepare, initiate, advocate and effectively present legal points and recommendations to influence business partners and to represent business partners as legal counsel.
- Title and survey review.
- Lease review.
- Prepare reports for Legal Affairs management.
- Work with, guide and manage outside counsel, representing the company on loan closings, sales and acquisitions, leasing matters and other loan, asset servicing matters and litigation.
- May lead a work team or project.
- Perform other duties as required.
- The attorney will be part of a group that supports a $63.5 billion portfolio of managed real estate assets, including a $46 billion portfolio of commercial mortgage loans.
- Requires a Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school; admitted to practice before the Georgia State Bar.
- At least 7 years relevant work experience with a large law firm or in-house.
- Proficient in negotiating, drafting and closing complex loans, sales and acquisition transactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with solid business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Competencies: Analytical thinking; Problem solving; Demonstrated technical and functional expertise; Exercises sound judgment; Builds collaborative partnerships; Negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 19862