PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online, via a mobile device and in store. The service gives people simpler ways to send money without sharing financial information, and with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 137 million active accounts in 193 markets and 26 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global commerce, processing almost 8 million payments every day. Because PayPal helps people transact anytime, anywhere and in any way, the company is a driving force behind the growth of mobile commerce and expects to process $20 billion in mobile payments in 2013.The Corporate Development Associate will:
Support deal leads in the inorganic growth opportunities for PayPal globally - from idea to business case to deal execution and post-deal integration - taking a holistic, cross-functional approach.
Assist in all aspects of the deal, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing & integration activities.
Coordinate a cross-functional deal team within PayPal as well as serve as a point of contact to target company management.
Ambitiously identify and qualify new ideas & companies for PayPal from internal & external sources. Job Requirements:
- 2-4 years in Corporate Development, Private Equity, Venture Capital or Investment Banking
- Undergraduate degree from top-rated university, or similar level of experience and skills
- Experience in a deal environment as well as an operational one where people leadership was required
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker - knows what's best for the business
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, and experience working with executives; a sophisticated and well-connected, worldly businessperson
- Team player, pro-active and action oriented, anticipates needs, is assertive, and is highly accountable
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.