Corporate Development Manager
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, Indiana for a Corporate Development Manager.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Experience / Skills
- Leads a variety of business strategy projects that produce recommendations for addressing strategic opportunities for the business.
- Leads multiple business strategy projects; projects may be within a business unit, across multiple business units, or involve the creation of a new business venture, such as a joint venture, equity alliance, acquisition, etc.
- Designs and develops strategy through qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Applies strategic frameworks to analyze opportunities and develop solutions; synthesizes environmental data, stakeholder analysis, and market force data as a part of the financial and business analysis necessary to develop insights and solutions to support strategic business decisions.
- Works closely with the CEO, COO, Business Segment Presidents and their staffs, the Board of Directors, and key internal and external constituencies.
- Communicates complex strategy topics clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences through both written and oral communication.
- Actively participates in campus recruiting activities; conducts interviews on campus; interviews professional hires.
- Maintains business partnerships by effectively leading internal and external partners, such as peers in other units, staff groups, and senior management and outside suppliers, to accomplish organizational goals and to identify opportunities and resolve problems.
- Manages, coaches, and mentors others; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates works assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Strategy consulting experience preferred
- Support Corporate Development Projects
- Projects vary in scope (JV Creation, Acquisitions, Divestitures & Strategic Partnerships)
- Lead corporate development projects
- Develop financial valuation parameters and oversee development of financial models/assumptions for target project.
- Evaluate proposed transactions from strategic, financial, and structuring perspectives and play a key role in negotiations and deal flow.
- Identify and review business opportunities to help businesses achieve their growth targets.
- Support due diligence activities and actively participate in deal development, taking a lead role in financial and structuring steps, provide financial and business analysis and develop communication plans.
- Review contracts and understand their implications on deal structure
- Support target project (dis) integration activities
- Interact with investment banks as required
- Identify, support or lead diverse cross functional teams; prioritize task and manage work flows
- Anticipates needs with a strategic mindset; self-motivated with strong work ethic and ability to work on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Champion the A-review and delegation of authority processes among business unit leaders.
- As appropriate to department structure, manage department Analyst(s).
Compensation and Benefits
- Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent degree required
Base salary commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.