At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
As part of the Corporate Development Team, assists Manager, Director and Vice President in efforts to evaluate and execute corporate mergers, asset acquisitions and divestitures. Responsibilities include assisting with potential target identification, development and review of financial models, development of presentation materials and transaction execution. Assists in the coordination of all supporting resources, processes (legal, valuation and transaction evaluation, due diligence, corporate finance, etc. ) and deal advisors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Research and evaluate appropriate Corporate, Business Unit M&A and Divestiture candidates to fit the Corporate strategy.
2. For acquisitions, support the multi-functional team processes for transaction execution including evaluation and due diligence
3. Carry out financial modeling and other analytics with relevant Corporate and Business Unit interdependencies including Corporate Planning, Treasury, Trading, Accounting and Tax.
4. Prepare transaction materials for Board and senior management.
5. For divestitures, help manage the multi-functional team and processes including transaction evaluation, offering memo preparation, data room development, and bid evaluation and selection.
6. Provide support for post acquisition/merger integration
7. Perform or support other ad-hoc development-related projects or analyses
8 years of relevant experience
Financial experience with demonstrated project management skills
Two to three years experience in the Energy (Electric or Gas) Industry
Extremely strong financial modeling skills (ability to modify models to perform what-if analysis, simplify model to match available data, and perform thorough reviews of models developed by others)
Expertise in the mechanics of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures in the energy industry preferred
Enthusiastic attitude for getting into the details
Strong communication/presentation skills
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.