At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking an Advanced Project Engineer for Corporate Engineering-Safety & Graphics Engineering located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for this position will primarily be responsible for managing capital investment projects in support of the Commercial Solutions and Transportation Safety Divisions manufacturing locations and laboratories.
A project engineer uses engineering knowledge and skills as a leader of a cross functional team to define the scope, cost and schedule for capital investment projects which support 3M's global manufacturing and research efforts. A project engineer also participates in cost reduction, quality improvements, new process and technology development programs, Lean Six Sigma and safety related activities.
We are proud to offer a culture with high levels of team work, collaboration, and cooperation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved with numerous 3M manufacturing processes, equipment and techniques, in numerous locations throughout the United States and the world.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage project timelines and budgets for assigned projects
- Successfully interact with multiple discipline teams including 3M plant personnel, consultants and suppliers
- Specify equipment performance and design criteria
- Estimate capital equipment and installation costs
- Define and execute competitive bidding strategy
- Oversee plant equipment layout and design
- Coordinate construction activity
- Lead equipment commissioning
- Protect 3M intellectual property
- Communicate effectively to project team, facility staff and project owners
- Gain understanding of applicable codes and guidelines to insure designs meet standards
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of one (1) year of engineering experience (private, public, government or military)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program
- 2 Years of project, design, or controls engineering experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment.
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: 15% domestic (average)
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.