At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Project Engineer for the Corporate Engineering Group supporting the Drug Delivery Systems & Oral Care Solutions Divisions located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for this project engineer position will primarily be responsible for managing capital investment projects in support of Drug Delivery Systems & Oral Care Solutions divisions manufacturing facilities and laboratories.
A project engineer uses engineering knowledge and skills as a leader of cross functional teams to define the scope, cost and schedule for capital investment projects which support 3M's global manufacturing and research efforts. A project engineer also participates in cost reduction, quality improvements, new process and technology development programs, Lean Six Sigma and safety related activities.
We are proud to offer a culture with high levels of team work, collaboration, and cooperation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved with numerous 3M manufacturing processes, equipment and techniques, in numerous locations throughout the United States and the world. Though based in Maplewood projects will extend throughout the other division sites.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget for assigned projects.
- Interact with multi-discipline teams including lab, manufacturing, supply chain, finance, external engineering consultants and equipment suppliers.
- Specify equipment performance and design criteria.
- Estimate capital equipment and installation costs.
- Define and execute competitive bidding strategy.
- Oversee plant equipment layout and design.
- Manage project execution and hand off to manufacturing.
- Protect 3M intellectual property.
- Communicate effectively to project team, engineering management, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of project management experience
- cGMP manufacturing experience.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment.
May include up to 25% travel to 3M manufacturing locations both domestic and internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.