The Corporate Governance team manages the corporate governance and administration for Prudential Financial’s shareholder communications, proxy development, proxy advisor relationships, governance policy development. The individual will manage initiatives and strategic projects as part of the governance team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct analysis on research from environmental, social and governance rating agencies including: ISS, Glass Lewis, MSCI and Sustainalytics about Prudential. Evaluate reports for accuracy and when necessary, recommend changes to provider based on internal research. Maintain ongoing relationships with providers. Monitor changes to provider policy that may impact Prudential’s rating.
- Deliver accurate and concise briefing papers and presentations for senior management based on information gathered from industry research including interpretation and application of policy relating to complex issues. Ability to deliver the results clearly and crisply.
- Develop content for proxy and shareholder communications material based on knowledge of governance issues and Prudential governance policies.
- Research proxy voting results.
- Monitor industry developments on governance
- Work collaboratively across departments with partners in Investor Relations, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Corporate Social Responsibility and other areas to develop data that is helpful to proxy development and rating agency research.
- Board work as needed, including annual shareholders meeting.
- Providing other general assistance to the governance team, as required.
The candidate should possess the following:
- Five to seven years related experience in Corporate Governance and shareholder communications is required.
- Self-starter, with strong individual and project management skills and experience, with the ability to work under pressure in independently and in a team environment.
- Public company experience is required.
- Demonstrated technical skills including developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Proven oral and written communication is required; communications background a plus.
- Strong and consistent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to discretely handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Superior research skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills -- ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Law or graduate degree desired.