No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right. Corporate Paralegal Position Summary:
Key Responsibilities Specific to the Role:
- Manages, develops, and implements project(s) of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area.
- Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project-planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project timeline and goals.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
- Documents and shares team leanings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
• Matter Management
: Assist with all aspects of litigation including preparation of discovery responses, corporate disclosures and other fact-specific filings and documents; accurately manage case budgets and schedules; coordinate and perform key witness preparation work for administrative charges, claims and litigation; serve as lead Company representative at incidental mediations, depositions, and other case-related events (occasional travel); lead team of external service providers in claim investigation or risk assessment assignments
• Client Service
: Serve as litigation team liaison to Company business unit representatives, in-house counsel, distributors, and outside counsel to effectively manage flow and accuracy of information in warranty, product, employment and commercial litigation matters
- Document Management : Organize, maintain and supervise document collection; help develop and follow organizational tracking systems for document collection projects in compliance with all rules and regulations including those related to electronic discovery
Education, Certification & Experience:
- Matter Resolution : Assist with settlement negotiations of incidental claims including preparation of settlement documents and securing settlement funds against appropriate Company budget accounts
- Reporting : Prepare, develop and maintain various reports and manage data used in such reports
- Compliance : Ensure compliance with internal and external requirements related to insurance coverage, accounting principles, Sarbanes-Oxley and other relevant guidelines
- Global Vision : Ability to adapt to increasingly global nature of litigation workload; support and contribute to the development of processes inherent in working in a global environment; assist with various Employment, Labor, Benefit & Immigration issues as they arise in a global in house context; assist with administration and oversight of global benefits plans including pension, 401k and health and welfare plans; assist with Global Policy development, rollout & training
Compensation and Benefits:
- Certified paralegal or bachelor's degree and required experience
- Minimum 7-9 year's experience as a paralegal in law firm or comparable experience in a corporate legal department
- Strong knowledge of litigation matters and national litigation practice
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Critical thinking and proficiency in problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- High level skills in legal analysis, research and writing
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.