We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Assists counsel in the maintenance of the Corporate Legal case management system. Depending on assigned division, assists counsel in conducting legal research; answering discovery; locating company witnesses; assisting with preparation for Board of Directors and/or Board of Governors meetings; assists in the maintenance of corporate minutes and documents; and performs all types of legal work assigned as permitted by state statutes and the rules of the State Bar. Essential Job Functions
- Assists counsel with the maintenance of a computerized legal matter management system.
- Maintains a calendar of basic legal matter reports due from Corporate Counsel.
- Locates, organizes, indexes, maintains, and retrieves company documents based on the focus of the assigned division.
- Assists counsel in responding to internal or external requests for documents or other information that may include but is not limited to litigation discovery, board of directors/governors information or information pertaining to agents, district managers, employees or policies.
- May interview company witnesses.
- Generates various reports from the corporate legal matter management system or other corporate legal files Performs other functions as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary; however, the incumbent must be able to speak, hear normal conversation and read normal newsprint; have ability to lift and/or carry fifty pounds; climb normal stairs and step stools and reach to a height requiring complete extension of the torso, arms and legs. Physical Environment
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment with some exposure to uncontrolled outside environmental conditions and travel via automobile and/or commercial transportation. Education Requirements
Four-year college degree and a paralegal certificate from an accredited university or paralegal school. Experience Requirements
Two years as a paralegal in compliance with rules of the State Bar and/or state statutes and experience in related areas of responsibility. Special Skill Requirement
Basic computer skills. Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: