Job Description: The successful candidate will be an experienced, hands-on, regulatory compliance professional with knowledge of Product Safety, EMC and RF/Wireless devices. They will own all aspects of regulatory compliance (including driving continuous improvement) within the business groups being supported, and they will provide regulatory direction and guidance to a team of supporting design engineers on functional safety requirements in automotive, aerial drones and/or medical / wearable devices. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring a wide variety of products are safe and comply with worldwide product regulations, while minimizing design related excursions that negatively impact product development and/or distribution. This individual is also responsible for following internal product regulatory and compliance requirements and managing internal/external product regulatory global conformity assessment activities. The candidate will also conduct product safety, EMC and/or RF Wireless pre-certification tests in an Intel lab, including tests of power supplies, batteries, port technology (e.g. USB), and lasers, as required by their business units. On an as-needed basis the candidate will be called upon to work closely with engineering product development teams by reviewing specifications, evaluating vendors, managing certification and testing budgets, conducting relevant tests and analyzing test data, comprehending implications of new technologies and or design concepts, assessing risks, developing procedures and design guides for products and systems, responding to regulatory queries, incidents, and events related to Intel products, and managing engagement with outside regulatory bodies.
Strong analytical and project management skills required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are also required. Comfortable working in highly matrixed organization across functional teams and working independently within the framework of Intel product roadmaps. Some travel will be required.
BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field.
• 5 years with regulatory certifications in product safety, EMC and/or RF/wireless
• 5 years Rf/ Wireless regulatory certifications - FCC, PTCRB, experience with any of the carriers - AT&T, Verizon, Nokia, Siemens, etc
• 5 years EMC regulatory certification - FCC, CE, CISPR
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering or physics or related field preferred.
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without sponsorship
- Global product regulatory knowledge; inclusive of wireless & safety & EMC
- Experience with wireless RF test methods and equipment
- Experience in the design of wireless/RF systems including antennas is highly desired.
- Experience in functional safety in electronics, automotive and/or medical devices is highly desired.
Solid understanding of:
- Fundamental product safety and functional safety concepts,
- RF circuitry and wireless technologies, in addition to EMC and RF regulatory requirements
- Electronics and physics
- Strong analytical and project management skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are also required.
- Comfortable working in highly matrixed organization across functional teams and working independently within the framework of Intel roadmaps.
- Some travel will be required.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.