At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Corporate Quality Manager for 3M's Lean Six Sigma Operations located in Maplewood, MN. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Corporate Quality Manager
will lead 3M's Corporate Quality team and will create and drive global Quality strategy and policy development. The Corporate Quality Manager will lead continuous quality improvement, global process standardization and compliance with the aim of improving customer satisfaction and operational excellence for 3M. 3M is in the process of launching SAP, so it will be important to create and execute a globally consistent system framework for Quality in 3M.For additional information, please visit:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/CNDDSD/Home/technology-solutions/manufacturing-services/operational-excellence/lean-six-sigma/ Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
NOTE: This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government, or military environments to a 3M career.Basic Qualifications:
- Supervises corporate quality team.
- Creates and drives 3M global corporate quality policies, systems and standard operating procedures .
- Identifies areas of opportunity for quality improvement across the company.
- Creates and manages the Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) process for quality defects.
- Responsible for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/ Business Transformation Go-Live activities including: system design and testing.
- Responsible for 3M Quality strategic direction and execution in coordination with Business Groups and Geographies.
- Ensuring implementation of appropriate quality principles and determines standards and measures for 3M.
- A leader in improving customer satisfaction - both product and service quality.
- A leader in integrating quality and the New Product Introduction (NPI) system
- Establishing total quality management strategies in conjunction with other functional business leaders to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Directing and adjusting quality strategies to meet changing market conditions for 3M.
- Ensuring adherence to international industry requirements and standards such as Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), Automotive, Aerospace, Electronic, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards, etc.
- Promoting quality best practice within the company and building a quality oriented culture for the organization.
- Providing executive management with timely information and recommendations.
- Actively participating in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience leading Quality initiatives
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience
- Master's degree or higher in in a technical field from an accredited university
- Experience developing, leading and implementing Quality initiatives on an enterprise basis
- Six Sigma or continuous improvement experience (Certified Black Belt, Master Black Belt)-private, public, government or military
- Minimum of seven (7) years of management experience
- Leader that has a demonstrated record of accomplishment across various individual and team performance metrics
- Demonstrable experience in making and defending courageous decisions
- Excellent communicator with corresponding ability to influence at all levels
- Demonstrated track record of implementing systemic continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of corporate systems relevant to the Quality function (CFR, IMS, SCAR, CAPA, eNPI)- applies to internal applicants only
- Experience in Statistical Process Control; Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP); Production Part Approval Process (PPAP); Supplier Management and/or similar methodologies
- Experience in implementing Product Process Understanding (PPU) improvements on a global scale
- Experience in integrating effective quality within NPI processes
May include up to 25% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.