Lead Global Real Estate for Amgen Inc. to manage the acquisitions, dispositions and related transaction for its owned and leased global portfolio of office, manufacturing, laboratory, warehouse and land properties.
Additionally, s/he will be responsible for lease administration, participation in mergers and acquisitions diligence and the management of its strategic service provider partners. This position reports to the Executive Director of Global Asset Planning and will be a member of the Global Business Services organization within Amgen.
Amgen's portfolio consists of approximately 15 million square feet and is located in approximately 40 countries around the world. Approximately 70 percent of the portfolio is owned with the remainder being leased. S/he will lead the formation of real estate strategies which includes: a) creating occupancy strategies, b) partnering and coordinating with executive management and peers (project & facility management, finance, EH&S, legal, corporate insurance, etc.), c) creating business cases, d) securing executive and funding approval, e) mobilizing and managing brokers, and f) monitoring lease dispositions and surrenders.
• Understand Amgen's business and map its strategies and initiatives into real estate solutions
• Perform feasibility studies that evaluate viable alternatives and balance business needs with corporate direction and affordability
• Ensure business agility and flexibility while mitigating operational, legal and financial risk
• Manage and grow internal business relationships and be a trusted/respected business partner and advisor
• Manage Brokerage Alliance to ensure best in class performance and contract compliance; including managing and measuring service levels and key performance indicators
• Work with internal process partners to ensure a total cost of occupancy and real estate lifecycle approach
• Maintain market intelligence in order to capitalize on opportunities as well as to react to time sensitive projects and initiatives
• Evaluate current processes and procedures with an objective of quality and continuous improvement/innovation
• Support the real estate diligence of potential corporate acquisitions and dispositions
• Coordinate, create and present business cases to internal governance committees
• Maintain full disclosure and transparency to stakeholders and executive management as required
Travel between 20% and 50% domestically and internationally
Doctorate degree AND 4 years of Global Real Estate experience
Master's degree AND 7 years of Global Real Estate experience
Bachelor's degree AND 9 years of Global Real Estate experience
15+ years of global corporate real estate experience
MBA or Bachelors degree in management, finance or applicable studies
Global experience in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America
Experience in diligence related to mergers and acquisitions
Successful completion of owned and leased transactions between $10 -$50 million
Exceptional understanding of real estate driver, economics, law, accounting and contracts
Experience in negotiating highly complex transactions
Management of internal and external resources
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science's promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
A little about us:
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.