Join our world-class finance and accounting organization. Help shape the success of Dell Technologies while growing your career inside an organization with one of the best training & development suites in the industry. We offer training and career growth through our rotational and leader-based learning programs.
Our finance organization remains focused on key tenants like controllership, business partnering and development.
/I am tremendously excited with the opportunities that lie before us as a team and together I am confident we can help shape the success of Dell while continuing to invest and grow our talent/.” – Tom Sweet, Dell CFO
Dell Technologies’ Corporate Accounting Team seeks a detail oriented, technical accountant to join their team. We are looking for an experienced professional who has a passion for the details yet an ability to summarize and present complex accounting topics. The senior technical accountant will own Dell accounting policies by researching and resolving complexities within the business units and helping prepare and analyze Dell Technologies' consolidated financial statements.
* Key role in the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
* Liaison with finance teams and provide internal reporting fluctuation analysis on various P&L reporting items
* As necessary, provide quality checks on certain external documents created by Investor Relations and Treasury teams
* Interact with internal and external auditors and ensure audit requests are answered timely & accurately
* Actively support robust documentation for control purposes
* Build relationships with accounting and finance team members to assist in reporting accuracy
* Play a critical role in Dell Technologies’ close and consolidation process
* Special projects and other adhoc activities, as needed/ /
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Master’s degree preferred
* CPA preferred
* Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Big 4 and/or publically traded organization’s accounting department
* Preferred experience with financial statement creation and presentation
* Strong communication skills and accounting research capabilities
* Ability to prioritize with strict deadlines
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach/
*/Why work with us?/*
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
-Our team members’health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:/*/ Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
**Job:** **Accounting - Finance*
**Title:** *Corporate Reporting Accounting Consultant-Round Rock TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *1600142M*