Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages LLC, is expanding their corporate headquarters in the Dallas, TX market and have several new opportunities estimated to start on 4/1/17 as a result of the recent acquisition by Arca Continental Beverages, a partner with the Coca-Cola Company for over 90 years. These new positions will be part of the new structure and company. The Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages team is comprised of 9 manufacturing facilities and distributes product from 37 locations. We market, produce and deliver bottles of happiness; serving markets throughout Texas, as well as parts of New Mexico, Oklahoma and Arkansas. Our employees are true ambassadors of one of the most recognized brands in the world.
As employees of this great company, we enjoy attractive compensation schemes and comprehensive benefits, along with opportunities for growth and advancement. We invite you to be a part of this dynamic, growing company that has consistently been recognized as a Great Place to Work!
The purpose of this position is to actively lead a team in the standardization of management reporting into a single business reporting team with the objective of providing decision-makers at all levels of the organization with accurate, actionable, and timely information at the lowest cost to the enterprise in a sustainable manner.
* Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
* Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team. Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues.
* Planning: Set long term planning goals, provide annual guidance/assumptions, establish calendar, data support and provides planning tools, field support during planning. Execute plan details, provide plan details for system upload, develop plan with functional Leads.
* Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors.
* Supervise international accounting and issue identification and resolution. Create, implement and maintain comprehensive worldwide accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency. Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements. Support month end and year end closing.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Masters preferred.
* 5 years of Management experience with Big Four Accounting firm.
* (or) CPA with at least 4 years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, with exposure to SEC and financial reporting
* An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
* International accounting and issue recognition experience; Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
* Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
* Advanced level English language, Basic understanding Spanish language.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.