Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
As a Sales Development Representative you will be responsible for driving pipeline through outbound prospecting and following up on marketing sourced leads. In this role you will be a part of the front-line of the Workday sales team. You will employ effective prospecting strategies to drive awareness and interest in the Workday platform as a viable alternative to legacy ERP solutions.
If you're a self-starter, love working in a dynamic team environment and want to start your sales career, then Workday is the place for you. A successful Sales Development Representative at Workday exhibits the following traits:
- Intrinsic drive to be successful. We work hard to deliver value to our prospects and customers and need people who will take initiative to "figure it out" and take ownership to be successful in the role. You are adaptable and thrive in new situations where you can think on your feet.
- Team-oriented, collaborative nature: We're a high-performing, impactful team. Everyone needs to pull for each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better. Everyone needs to achieve against their quota for the team to hit its goals.
- Genuine curiosity about people, marketing technology and business, with excellent listening skills.
- Strong track record of performance in a previous role or in college. SaaS knowledge or sales experience a major plus.
- Detail oriented, organized mindset with an ability to manage time effectively. Must be able to remain focused in the face of many competing interests.
- A competitive nature, positive attitude and desire to win are a must.
- A desire to pursue a career in sales. You are coachable, able to implement feedback and dedicated to continuous self-improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Prior experience in inside sales or sales development, preferably in a technology sales environment
* 2+ years of work or intern experience
* Bachelor's degree is required
*Location: Salt Lake City, Utah Workday Office
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.