Summer Internship Program
Lowe's 2018 Summer Internship Program offers challenging assignments to undergraduate and graduate students, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE ® 50 company. The summer internship program begins with orientation in late May and concludes in early August. All internships are paid and housing is available for those that qualify. This role has potential for conversion into a full-time position for those that successfully complete the internship and upon candidate's graduation.
The internship will consist of a project-based assignmentto broaden learning, experience, and organizational knowledge and businessacumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who areas inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challengesand recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the powerof "we". People who push boundaries of what's possible.
Corporate Social Responsibility Internship
Lowe's recently updated their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy, increasing their focus on product sustainability and community relations, while continuing to improve our own operational footprint. The Corporate Social Responsibility team is now in the process of building out a new web portal to communicate our progress against the new strategy. The web portal will feature stories intended to enhance the company's reputation, while building engagement with both customer and employees. As we head into 2018, we will be looking for new content and communication channels to increase engagement on CSR topics.
Also in 2018, Lowe's will be looking for ways to increase the sales of eco-friendly products that can help our customers to reduce their environmental footprint. By increasing awareness of eco-product benefits and expanding the assortment of available products, we believe that we can help to improve the sustainability of the communities we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Work with Corporate Sustainability, Community Relations, Public Relations and Communications teams to develop a CSR communication strategy for employees and customers
* Assist with the planning and execution of the Eco Products program across Lowe's
* Assess effectiveness of new Corporate Responsibility Report and identify plans to improve for 2018
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Sustainable Business, Sustainable Resource Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or Communication from an accredited four-year college or university
* Senior academic standing
* Proficient in MS Office Programs
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Communication and presentation skills
* Analytical skills Accuracy and attention to detail
* Data gathering and reporting
* Knowledge of work planning and/or project management
* Knowledge of social media trends
* 3.0 or above GPA
* Relevant internship experience and/or other related work experience, such as a leadership role in student/campus organizations, volunteer, etc.
* Previous retail experience
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service 2,365 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.