At PayPal (Nasdaq: PYPL), we put people at the center of everything we do. Founded in 1998, we continue to be at the forefront of the digital payments revolution. In 2015, 28% of the 4.9 billion payments we processed were made on a mobile device. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them safely access and move their money and offering a choice of how they would like to pay or be paid.
With our 179 million active customer accounts, we have created an open and secure payments ecosystem that people and businesses choose to securely transact with each other online, in stores and on mobile devices. PayPal is a truly global payments platform that is available to people in more than 200 markets, allowing customers to get paid in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds to their bank accounts in 57 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 26 currencies.
We are seeking a high energy and innovative professional to join our Corporate Strategy Group. You will support strategic projects which build on PayPal's strong foundations, deliver measurable value to the company, and help it achieve its vision. The position is highly visible in the organization and involves frequent interaction with the senior executive team as well as all other PayPal staff levels and external stakeholders, globally.
- World class strategic and analytical thinking with an excellent ability to put complex ideas into clear frameworks, and to use data to drive strategic objectives and priorities
- Ability to identify strategic topics and their implications and develop strategic insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Deep understanding of new products/technologies (mobile, security, internet, identity, authentication)
- Leadership experience in complex global organizations
- Strategic project management experience
- Superior communications (verbal, prose, PowerPoint) and influencing skills
- Track record of delivering tangible results
- People motivation and development skills
- Appetite to learn and comfortable with uncertainty
- Strategy development: Support the development of PayPal's strategy, and long-term strategic priorities
- Strategic execution: Support strategic projects core to the strategy of PayPal into the execution phase. Help to develop documents to facilitate cross-functional and cross-regional team discussions as well as communicate with Senior Management.
- Financial and data analysis. Lead and take ownership of financial and data analysis in support of strategic objectives.
- Thought leadership: Support "research" type engagements to develop and articulate PayPal's position on long-term strategic issues
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, and/ or corporate strategy
- MBA or quantitative degree from a top school preferred but not mandatory
- Strategic expertise in at least one of the following areas: banking, payments, retail and online commerce, social networking, and mobile
- Fast-track career development
- Fun, outgoing, and flexible
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.