Corporate Strategy Director
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, Indiana for a Corporate Strategy Director.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Qualifications: Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Anticipates needs of the business with a strategic mindset; applies strategic frameworks to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- Identifies and directs a variety of business strategy projects that produce recommendations for addressing major strategic opportunities that affect the industry or company.
- Directs multiple business strategy projects that produce recommendations for addressing major strategic issues, identify major growth opportunities and develop business plans for realizing these opportunities; projects may be within a business unit, across multiple business units, or involve the creation of a new business venture, such as a joint venture, equity alliance, acquisition, etc.
- Leads and directs teams in the design and development of strategy.
- Partners with global teams to strengthen the strategy community across countries and business units.
- Works closely with the CEO, COO, Business Segment Presidents and their Staff, Board of Directors and key internal or external constituents.
- Communicates complex strategy topics clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences through both written and oral communication.
- Provides quality assurance for manager-led projects.
- Drives continuous improvement for the strategy function to drive consistency and sustainability.
- Actively leads campus recruiting activities, including brand-building on campus through presentations, social interactions and other activities on campus; interviews; interviews professional hires.
- Develops, prioritizes, and manages the annual operating plan for strategy projects and the work team.
- Recruits, selects, develops, manages, motivates, coaches, and mentors managers; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates work assignments considering project demands, employee skills and development needs
- Industry and strategy consulting experience preferred
Masters degree in Business Administration or equivalent degree required. Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.