At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Corporate Strategy Manager within 3M's Corporate Strategy Group located in St. Paul, Minnesota.
. Job Summary
3M Corporate Strategy is a high impact, highly visible team that works on strategic initiatives across all of 3M's businesses and geographies. The group also manages the annual strategic planning process, and leads efforts related to portfolio management, including resource reallocation, business creation, and M&A. Corporate Strategy Managers work with business executives and leaders on the company's highest priorities, with an emphasis placed on value creation through growth.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads strategic initiatives sponsored by CEO, SVP Business Development, and other Operating Committee members, with primary focus on growth
- Manages corporate strategic planning process and creation of overall 5-year plan
- Tracks industry and competitive trends, and develops business outlook and forecasts
- Lead corporate portfolio management projects focused on value creation and growth through resource allocation, business creation, and M&A
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in strategy, marketing, finance and/or business development
Location: St. Paul, MNTravel: May include up to 25% travel based on projectsRelocation: Is authorized
- MBA Preferred
- Three (3) years at a leading strategy consulting firm is preferred
- Proven track record in providing novel and innovative solutions to complex or difficult strategic issues
- Action oriented, with emphasis on execution and results rather than theory
- Must be a strong communicator with experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience with MS PowerPoint and Excel
within country per 3M policies
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.