Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The International Tax Senior Vice President, based in Boston or London, will be an integral member of the Corporate Tax Department and will support State Street Corporation's international tax operations. The successful candidate will be a team manager who can effectively motivate Junior and Senior team members and partner with management and colleagues to seek opportunities to reduce the effective tax rate and mitigate tax risks across the globe. The position would report to the EVP of Global Tax.
- Work closely with Corporate Tax senior management to develop sustainable strategies to manage State Street's effective tax rate associated with its non-U.S. operations.
- Guide team to research and analyze the international tax issues that arise in connection with various international tax planning initiatives.
- Direct the review of the foreign tax credit position of State Street on an ongoing basis.
- Develop strategies to optimize State Street's foreign tax credit position.
- Manage the analysis of the FAS 109 (accounting for income taxes) aspects of cross-border transactions.
- Act as the project manager on cross-disciplinary projects.
- Interface with senior management across the finance, legal, and business organizations to provide corporate tax support on cross-border initiatives.
- Provide tax support on M&A transactions involving non-U.S. businesses.
- Work closely with senior management and tax advisors to manage the company's transfer pricing methodologies.
- JD, CPA, MBA or Masters in Tax with strong academic credentials
- 10+ Years of experience with a US law firm, public accounting firm, US multi-national company or combination thereof
- US international tax experience advising US-based multinationals
- Financial services experience is beneficial but not required
- Significant experience with foreign tax credit planning, taxation of mergers & acquisitions, tax-efficient financing transactions, foreign tax reduction strategies, income migration strategies, repatriation strategies and taxation of foreign currency transactions.
- Working knowledge of US transfer pricing rules, FAS 109 and FIN 48.
- Strong skills in the following areas: leadership, strategic thinking, communication, research, analysis, project management.
- Extensive team management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.