Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses, and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants, and government entities with a secure, convenient, and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories. Organization Summary:
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Contact Center and End User. Within this organization, the Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT) team supports full life-cycle delivery and ongoing support of strategic technology initiatives primarily for the Human Resources business units, and the global employee community. Job Description
The Sr Software Engineer works within the Governance, Risk and Compliance Analytics Delivery team as individual contributor participating in integration design, development, deployment and support of technology delivery projects.
The portfolio includes Oracle Business Intelligence platform, Tableau, Big Data and Relational databases, Scheduling tools, Scripting. This position requires close collaboration with business partners to understand their business goals, understand requirements, develop and implementation of solutions following SDLC and agile methodologies. This position provides L3 support to business partners and also requires investigation and resolution of the issue and also requires collaboration with multiple IT teams including source systems and operations. Works with team members to ensure SDLC processes and documentation are completed with quality, and on a timely basis. Contributes to solution selection and requirements elaboration; responsible for assigned design, configuration, development and testing deliverables. This position requires the resource to work independently with minimal supervision and needs to be self motivated.
Ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of experience in development and delivery of analytics projects. He/she must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise-wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. Responsibilities:
- Participate in technology project delivery activities such as business requirement collaboration, conceptual approach, design, development, test case preparation, unit/integration test execution, support process documentation, and status updates
- Design and implement solutions to enhance the end user experience using BI and non BI tools
- Participate building and support of data interfaces, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and corrective actions
- Partner with IT groups such as Engineering, Product, Security, and Infrastructure on project delivery activities
- Participate in technical deep dive sessions for upcoming projects
- Provide support to business partners with data analysis
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5 Years of experience in BI/ Analytics Tools, 2 years of experience in Oracle BI and Tableau is required
- Proven experience in developing and deploying BI solutions including ETL & Repository, dashboard development is required
- Proven experience in Big Data technologies is required, preferably Cloudera, python, Hive
- Experience in RDBMS and knowledge of emerging technologies is required
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries is required
- Experience in Shell/ Perl scripting, scheduling and version control technologies is required
- Experience in at least one ETL technology is required, Ab Initio experience is preferred
- Experience in developing web-based solutions is preferred
- Strong follow-through, problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical and business users
- Experience in Payment Processing, Risk and Compliance domain is added advantage
- Experience working in a multinational environment strongly preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.