VIP Specialized Travel Counselors also deliver:
- Our AmEx GBT VIP Specialized Travel Counselors fulfill all travel related requests following corporate travel policy as required by the client. VIP Specialized Travel Counselors are required to provide innovative servicing on a frequent basis and the highest level of customer service to a very demanding clientele.
Responsibilities of a VIP Specialized Travel Counselor may include:
- This position requires decisiveness, attention to detail, excellent verbal communication skills, an understanding of how to think through processes from an end to end perspective
- Securing complex reservations for air travel, hotel, and car rentals for C-level customers
- Promoting the acceptance of cost and value of corporate travel policy, including negotiated contracts
- Providing prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications
- Securing small groups and equipment movements
- Knowledge of securing chartering private aircraft
- Coordinate Spousal/family travel. Redeeming frequent flyer ticket, utilizing airline upgrades
- Providing special and/or unique services as required by clientele
- Arranging for meet and greet services
- Securing airport escort services
- Extremely high levels of customer service to very demanding travelers
- Remain calm under pressure situations
- Coordinate with preferred partners to provide special services to demanding clientele
- Develop strong client relationships, exhibit discretion and confident judgment
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport, display highest level of integrity when dealing with internal & external customers
- Strong interpersonal skills with utmost professionalism
- Thorough knowledge of travel operations and industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
- Must be a results oriented, self-directed, self-starter with an exceptional work ethic
** This is an onsite position located in Santa Monica, CA. ** This role requires flexibility and is a 24/7 on-call role with some travel required **
- Minimum of 3-5 years Corporate Travel industry experience REQUIRED
- GDS system experience is REQUIRED (SABRE)
- High school diploma/GED REQUIRED. Bachelors Degree preferred
- Ability to work at the onsite location in Santa Monica, CA required
AEGBT operates in a 24x7x365 environment in order to provide exceptional traveler care to our customers. Our organization has core operating hours that can range between 7am to 8pm, depending on the platform/customer. These hours may change in order to meet business demands. With appropriate notice, all of our employees must be flexible to work at any time between those hours regardless of their current schedule. Periodically, employees may be required to work at least one weekend day, or as business needs dictate. As business demands change, these hours could change and shifts will be altered to include a time slot within the 24x7 hour period. Our company abides by all Federal and Provincial laws to ensure employees are compensated appropriately.
Offer of employment with American Express GBT is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds. Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .