New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
This role will manage the development of CRM plans for Agency that integrate appropriate digital and outbound media including email, direct mail, social media, websites and traditional advertising. This role is responsible for conveying business requirements to the CRM development team, the vision of the new CRM roll out, the training of a new platform and communication of this vision to Agency and the field. This role will work closely with developers, testers, managers and senior management. In addition, this role will manage the launch, strategic direction and tactics for CRM programs.
• Bachelors Degree
• Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience.
• Strong in depth knowledge of Agency and the state of the business today including visions and challenges.
• Avid user of technology and a deep interest in technology solutions.
• Strategically strong and able to connect business challenges and CRM strategy/tactics.
• Understanding of Agile Methodology.
• Ability to build relationships within Agency and Field leadership.
• Understands business processes of field managers and agents.
• Business Savvy.
: Ability to communicate business requirements to application development teams and make decisions on behalf of user population. Understand the challenges and solve problems accordingly.
: Empowered to make decisions, solicit input from others but needs to make the decisions quickly.
: Ability to communicate business requirements to technology teams. Requires working closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization and beyond to communicate different messages at any given time.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.