New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City and maintains offices in all fifty states.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer**.
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Our primary business areas are Life Insurance, Retirement and Investments supported by an industry leading Career Agency Distribution channel, Direct to Consumer channel and Third Party Distribution channels.
New York Life is seeking a highly qualified individual to join the Strategy & Internal Consulting team based in New York, NY.
The Strategy & Internal Consulting (S&IC) team, reporting into the President of New York Life, works closely with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team to help define & articulate business strategy and support oversight and execution of key enterprise strategic initiatives and other large / complex programs. This team works closely with Finance and other key stakeholders to drive the annual planning process. The team also supports key decision-making forums and senior executive meetings e.g., Executive Management Committee, Board of Directors, etc.
The S&IC team often partners with Senior Leaders in the various business and functional areas to support development and execution of strategic initiatives within those areas. The team’s role typically includes framing and analyzing complex business problems, developing recommendations, partnering with line managers to drive implementation, facilitating governance and communication processes, and playing a key role in informing and influencing decision making.
The Strategy & Internal Consulting team comprises high performing individuals with strong academic credentials and professional experiences with backgrounds in management consulting & industry.
Thought Leadership & Advisory
Strategic Planning Office & Executive Communication
We are looking for outstanding individuals with excellent intellectual & analytical capabilities, pragmatic problem solving skills, strong communications & influencing capabilities, a robust strategy & change management toolkit and a passion to effect change across the organization at the most senior levels.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
- 7-8+ years overall experience, 3-5 years in top-tier management consulting firm
- Outstanding critical thinking, analytical and quantitative abilities
- Strong communication skills including experience in developing C-suite presentations
- Experience in financial services preferred, insurance expertise is a plus
- Experience in structuring & delivering technology strategy projects and a broad understanding of current technology practices (Agile, Cloud Computing/SaaS, Enterprise Data Management, etc.) & emerging trends (Robotics/AI, InsurTech, etc.) is desired
- Collaborative work style / leadership presence with ability to effectively interact with & earn trust of peers and senior management across the organization
- Project and process management skills, including proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Executive presence; self-starter with a keen sense of ownership and commitment to the work, and a passion to deliver results
Location: New York, NY
Supervisor: Vice President (Managing Director), Head of Strategy & Internal Consulting
* Fortune 500 Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life and Health (Mutual), June 2016.
** Independent rating Agencies, as of 6/9/16: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody’s Investors Service (Aaa), Standard & Poor’s (AA+). The financial strength and ratings do not apply to any investment products which are subject to market risks and will fluctuate in value.