New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Oversees all aspects of Field Management and Leadership Development ("FMLD")
• Develops broad curriculum and determines content for training all Managing Partners, Executive Partners, Senior Partners, and Partners
• Supervises team of 5 training professionals
• Responsible for all field leader training through our Associate Partner Program, Field Leadership Institute and Field Management Development Schools
• Coordinates with other areas of NYLIC University including E Learning and Virtual Solutions, National Training Center in Dallas, Agent Development and Budget
• Oversees Field Development System (old "GOLD" system) content and online delivery systems
• Oversees the selection and training of Ad Hoc Faculty Members
• Oversees the FMLD Budget
: Strong ability to develop practical training programs / content; ability to understand management development needs, identify appropriate curriculum to close any gaps
• BS/BA required (Leadership Development, Management Training, PMO Management), advanced degree or designation such as MBA, JD, CLU, ChFC strongly preferred
• 10+ years relevant experience
• Project management expertise
• Strong knowledge of NYLIC Field Development Systems
• Facilitation skills, public speaking
• Strong communication skills – written and oral
• Knoweldge of industry training practices
• Detailed knowledge and/or practical experience with the NYLIC Career Agency System
: Requires ability to directly manage / lead mix of quantitative / qualitative appointed officers, while also influencing and collaborating with Executive Officers, senior Appointed Officers from Agency and other departments as well as leading field managers.
: Determine best approach to determine content and to deliver field leader management and leadership training. Will need to determine priorities for training and how best to implement those priorities. Will solve problems related to the development and rollout of the Leadership Institute, Associate Partner program, and other FMLD programs, and how to drive acceptance and implementation. Will determine what doesn't get included as well as what does get included.
: Fully accountable for two brand new development initiatives: the new Leadership Institute and new Associate Partner program. Also responsible for driving the creation and delivery of overall field management training.
: Frequent contact with Zone Officers, all Field Management and Agency Senior Leadership Team. This position communicates frequently with Compliance, Agency Standards, SMRU, Agency Communications and other areas in the Home Office.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.