This newly created position, in our shared services accounting center that supports three domestic business units, provides an excellent opportunity for learning and career growth to the candidate who has 3+ years of experience and would like to hone their skills in the cost accounting arena.
As a Cost Accountant, you will provide detailed cost analysis of job profitability, maintain general ledger accounts, complete analyses of projects for adherence to cost accounting standards, support analyses for financial statements and identify trend information for management review. In addition, you will balance the books monthly, prepare profit and loss and balance sheet statements for assigned units.
Work is typically performed under the guidance of the Accounting Manager and Senior Cost Accountants on the team.
- Analyze accounts, records, reports, accounts receivable and payable, journal vouchers, general and subsidiary ledgers and other accounting documents for accuracy and completeness. Investigate and resolve accounting problems for assigned units
- Prepare month end journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, analyzing variances.
- Prepare financial statement analysis; including Balance Sheet & Income Statement information
- Maintain inventory records including: Raw Material, Work In Process, and Finished Goods Inventory.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation records
- Ensures proper retention, filing, and handling of accounting records
- Supports internal customers by researching questions and investigates various issues as they arise
- Assists in annual budget preparation and periodic forecasts
- Provide information for internal and external auditors to facilitate audits of financial statements