As a member of Supply Chain Cost Accounting team, this position will actively partner with operations, supply chain finance, procurement and GL group, in order to understand, analyze, and interpret related costs for their respective unit(s), ensuring timely and accurate completion of month end financial results, and participate in annual budget planning. Position is responsible for performing general ledger account analysis, balance sheet/P&L reviews, and assisting with preparation of rolling estimates. Position ensures that all balance sheet accounts are accurately reconciled monthly and all discrepancies are researched and resolved timely. Position completes variance analysis for stock order transfers. Another key role of the position is to assist as a Liaison and provide support to our offshore cost accounting team. This position is responsible for the correct application of Sarbanes Oxley, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Standard Accounting Manual.
Reporting to: Manager - Supply Chain Cost Accounting Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain solid partnerships with Supply Chain Finance and Canada PSS Finance
- Perform month end close activities including journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- P&L Analysis and Reporting
- Liaison to offshore team - Provide support to offshore team that is an extension on local team. Support will include analytical assistance with clearing accounts. Also, review and approve journal entries and clearing entries.
- Committed to the highest level of customer service; both internally and externally
- Provide support to Senior Accountants on variance analysis
- Communicate potential risk and opportunities
- Resolve and communicate any issues with relevant stakeholders
- Investigate opportunities for process improvements, tools and documents improvements and implement them. Committed to continual process improvements.
- Participate and manage ad-hoc team projects.
- Support Planning and Deployment projects, manage project work to achieve goals in line with business needs
- Demonstrate initiative to seek out opportunities for skill growth.
- Ensure compliance to CCNA standard procedures and Company policies as well as SOX policies
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality concerning CCNA transportation
Minimum Qualification/Requirements: Foundation Skills:
- Team Skills/Collaboration - Work effectively in a team environment
- Thinking Analytically - Analyze information to provide clear and concise recommendations
- Exercising Judgment - Generate alternatives and assist in selecting the best option
- Project Management/Prioritizing - Ensure the timely completion of designated objectives
- Speaking and Writing - Clearly articulate relevant ideas, opinions and information
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Firm understanding of absorption accounting and standard costing
- 1-3 Years of Accounting Experience including Month End Close and Financial Statements required
- Cost accounting Experience with an ERP or MRP system is preferred
- Excellent analytical approach
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong communication and influence skills
- Solid business writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; knowledge of advanced Excel functionality and knowledge of Access is preferred.
- Flexibility to adjust work load and hours when necessary.
APPLY BY UPLOCATING A COPY OF YOUR RESUME IN WORD.DOC OR PDF FORMAT
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top