Cost Accounting Analyst
The Cost Accounting Analyst III is responsible for developing and maintaining unit cost information that supports measurement of profitability from a product, geographic, & organizational perspective. This role also holds responsibility for understanding all policies and procedures relating to the allocation of costs and ability to explain policies, procedures & complex cost methodologies to others. This position requires working with business line & operating unit managers throughout the organization as well as within Finance and Technology.
* Work together with other cost team members to gain a better understanding of cost allocation issues and how to resolve them.
* Research and answer internal customer questions regarding allocated expense or revenue, in an accurate and timely manner.
* Work with various internal operating groups to collect monthly manual volume data.
* Build good working relationships with managers, supervisors and team members of assigned operational areas.
* Attend all Lunch & Learns and other training opportunities to better understand all areas of the bank & the internal client/customer relationships.
* Ad-hoc cost analysis to support business decisions, as requested (fixed/variable analysis, RFP support)
* Gain an understanding of operations, products and services to enhance the quality of cost studies for assigned departments.
* Conduct monthly absorption analysis and research unused capacity questions.
* Utilize all available MIS reporting tools, including Hyperion (Smartview, Interactive Reporting) and OFSAA when researching allocation questions or issues.
* Utilize financial reporting tools (Hyperion) to build queries and reports to supply internal clients cost information on a regular basis or as requested.
* Assist with annual review of the cost deferral rates allowable per FASB guidelines.
* Proactively look to streamline analysis and/or processes utilizing newest technology available.
* Research available cost drivers with each cost update to automate more of the monthly volume processing.
* As requested assist on projects that affect volume data sources to MIS (ie new transaction codes from existing sources or new interface files)
* Respond to client requests for reports or data.
* Maintain documentation of cost study updates and processes in central location.
* Complete cost studies with the objective to more accurately allocate costs and make methodology apparent to clients based on account descriptions (ie. Convert Fixed Percent cost studies to Percent Distribution when appropriate).
Travel No Travel is required for this position.
Relocation Relocation assistance is not available.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in finance, accounting, or business * 2 year of experience creating and making presentations * 2 year of experience managing small to medium projects * 2 year of experience working with databases, retrieving data from multiple tables and maintenance of mapping labels * 2 year of experience using MIS or financial reporting tools, such as Hyperion * 3 years of experience with Microsoft tools, including Excel pivot tables, graphs, & charts * 2 year of experience of successful performance supporting production and maintenance functions for financial applications with technology
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled