Job Description: RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL:
Under the direction of the GISC Global Cost Accounting Controller, responsible for the preparation and development of standards costs. In a matrix environment, support the Plant Controllers, Plant Functional Leaders and BU Finance Leaders. Candidate must be able to effectively work with Senior Management on a regular basis. PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
- Responsible for the preparation and development of standard costing across Hart & Cooley facilities. This includes working with logistics and engineering on the development of standard costs and accuracy of BOM's and routings where relevant.
- Coordinate/execute annual standard cost roll for all manufacturing plants and distribution centers.
- Designs and develops reports from Oracle Business Intelligence to analysis product mix.
- Prepare and analyze costing for product managers, sales, and other senior management.
- Prepare excess and obsolete inventory analysis.
- Assist with purchase price variance analysis.
- Prepare and review Sarbanes-Oxley testing documents and matrices to ensure compliance at all Hart & Cooley locations
- Drives process improvements across Hart & Cooley, including transparency to cost drivers and indicators
- Oversees any system dependencies/improvement opportunities as they relate to costing, and supports other IT system updates and integrations
- Daily maintenance of standard costing primarily related to new products and Hart & Cooley drop ship locations
- Update or assign purchase cost on purchased items
- Review and approve Engineering Change Notices that impact cost
- Assist with capital appropriation requests, track spending, and work with plant leadership to coordinate the capitalization upon project completion.
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products, prior knowledge/Experience in Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management is a plus
- Must have strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to be drive financial results.
- Must have the ability to work and be effective in a high dynamic and team environment.
- Familiarity with IT systems as they relate to financial functions and operational areas.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.