Job Description: RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL:
Under the direction of the Global Cost Accounting Controller of GISC, responsible for leading the preparation and development of standards costs. In a matrix environment, support the Plant Controllers, Plant Functional Leaders and PBU Finance Leaders. Candidate must be able to effectively work with Senior Management on a regular basis. PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
- Leads the preparation and development of standard costing across ASC facilities. This includes working with engineering on the development and accuracy of BOM's and routings where relevant. As well as the preparation and analysis of cost impacts where standards do not exist
- Trains, monitors and supervises cost accountants in the accounting responsibilities required for GAAP reporting for ASC
- Coordinates physical inventory, costing and evaluation at each plant location
- Designs and develops reports from data warehouse to provide accurate, relevant and reliable information to end users to improve company performance and profitability
- Reviews general accounting, fabrication cost, and inventory transactions, sales, inventory, billing, shipments expenses
- Provides training on reporting to staff and end users
- Prepare and review Sarbanes-Oxley testing documents and matrices to ensure compliance at all ASC locations
- Supports external, internal audit requirements of information
- Drives process improvements across ASC, including transparency to cost drivers and indicators
- Oversees any system dependencies/improvement opportunities as they relate to costing, and supports other IT system updates and integrations
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA preferred.
- Must have strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to be drive financial results.
- Must have the ability to work and be effective in a high dynamic and team environment.
- Familiarity with IT systems as they relate to financial functions and operational areas.
- Domestic travel (10-15%)
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.