Visa is seeking a commercial and technology transactions attorney to join Visa's growing legal team that supports Visa's businesses responsible for strategic partnerships and technology, including in the areas of tokenization, mobile wallets, p2p payments, b2c payments, other digital payment solutions, software, and cloud solutions.
The position will be on Visa's IP, Innovation, Technology and Strategic Partnerships legal team. You will need to be able to juggle multiple priorities in a dynamic and challenging, but rewarding, environment doing transactions at the heart of today's e-commerce; be a strong negotiator with strong influencing skills; and be self-motivated and willing to work reasonably hard. You don't have to have prior payments experience, although you should be open to learning Visa's business model and the payments industry.
- Work closely with business and technology teams to understand and achieve key business objectives
- Draft, negotiate and work towards completion complex commercial, technology, and strategic partnership agreements that achieve business objectives
- Provide counseling and advice to business and technology teams regarding deal structures and common approaches to addressing issues
- Lead efforts internal efforts related open source and standards body participation
- Some travel may be required
- Strong academic credentials, including a J.D. degree from a top law school
- 3-7 years technology transactions experience, of which at least 2-3 should be at a premier law firm
- Experience working independently and collaborating with executive level partners with little or no supervision
- Be a practical and can-do problem-solver, have strong business insight and be confident, mature and calm under fire
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive complex commercial and technology transactions, including internationally
- Excellent legal analytical skills with the ability to integrate legal advice and business knowledge, while providing equitable advice regarding risks and benefits
- Admission to the State Bar of California is preferred. Registered In-House Counsel is acceptable.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.