Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
This is a Counsel-level attorney position within the Visa legal department. The Counsel
will have responsibility for advising clients on a wide range of compliance issues, including Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorism Financing, OFAC, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and export control regulations, and state money transmission statutes. The attorney will provide guidance to global teams on complex compliance issues and coordinate with business teams to ensure new products and business models adhere to applicable requirements.
This role is also responsible for providing legal support on all aspects of a well-rounded compliance program, including policies and procedures, risk assessments, control frameworks, monitoring and validation testing, exam management, ethics reporting, and training. The Counsel will assist with employee communications and monitor updates to applicable laws and regulations.
The Counsel must have an understanding of global compliance regulations and regulatory expectations for a robust global compliance framework, internal controls and processes, with particular expertise in AML/CTF, and money transmission. The Counsel must have experience interacting with U.S. banking regulators and examiners (such as the FFIEC, FDIC, OCC, Federal Reserve, FinCEN, OFAC, CFPB, state banking departments), and ideally will have experience supporting global compliance in the financial services sector. Qualifications
- J.D. from an accredited law school with strong academic credentials and admission to
at least one state bar.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience required; a combination of in-house counsel experience, government and prominent law firm experience preferred.
- Experience interacting with federal and state banking regulators and examiners.
- Compliance experience including AML/CTF, export control, policies and procedures, regulatory exam management, ethics hotline.
- Relevant industry certifications such as CAMS or CFE preferred.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal clients at all levels of management and work on cross-functional teams on highly regulated processes.
- Flexibility and willingness to meet the demands of a fast-paced and dynamic
- Experience in mobile commerce, money transmission and block chain or distributed ledger technology a significant plus.
- Payment industry experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior ability to successfully manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Proven track record of providing strong, proactive counseling to senior executive business clients, preferably globally.
- Ability to influence others and achieve results.
- Exhibit exceptional ethics, judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated global mindset and sensitivity to all cultures.
- Some domestic and/or international travel may be required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.