Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including, but not limited to, complex content acquisition and distribution agreements, services and other agreements for cable, broadcast, Internet and advanced broadband products and services and related businesses.
- Manage litigation in content and programming areas, as well as compliance with various regulatory obligations.
- Provide legal advice to Cable Division executives on day to day licensing and content matters, including licensing and regulatory issues that relate to traditional cable offerings, new media products, and other distribution and content offerings.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related commercial transactional experience.
- Generally requires 3-5 years combined experience with a recognized law firm and/or corporate legal department experience.
- Excellent drafting, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
- Bachelors degree. Law Degree. Top 20% of class and law review preferred.
- Member of a state bar in good standing, and eligible for Pennsylvania Bar or Pennsylvania Limited In-House Corporate Counsel License.
- Familiarity with content licensing (including linear cable television licensing and other video programming and music licensing), new media content technologies and systems, cable and broadband businesses, Internet and e-commerce law (including transactional and subscription-based offerings), and commercial agreements, retransmission consent, and copyright a strong plus.
- Familiarity with litigation, antitrust, FCC and FTC regulatory, and entertainment law a strong plus.
- Ability to work effectively with management and operations personnel, simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as ability to work cooperatively with small teams as the circumstances may require.
- Comfortable with spanning across practice groups, gathering feedback and spotting issues outside primary area of responsibility.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer