The attorney in this position will be responsible for counseling on a wide variety of corporate law matters, including but not limited to support of:
• The Company's securities filings, including its periodic filing and other securities law requirements;
• The Company's Board of Directors and/or Board Committee meeting support;
• The Company's compliance with NASDAQ and Delaware Law requirements;
• Support of the Company's other public disclosures, including press releases and investor materials;
• Company subsidiary formation, compliance and maintenance;
• The Company's foundations;
• Additional support of the Company's Treasury Department requirements potentially including debt, debt offerings, ISDAs, Credit Agreements, Commercial Paper and Dividend and Stock Repurchase Programs;
• Updating and monitoring procedures and processes of the Corporate Law Group; and
• Other research and corporate law projects as needed.
J.D. degree or LL.M. degree from an ABA accredited law school, admission to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction and two (2) years of experience practicing corporate law
4 + years of experience practicing corporate law in a nationally recognized law firm and/or in-house corporate environment
Superior attention to detail
Excellent communication skills
Excellent analytic, legal drafting and written skills
Ability to work in cross-functional teams
Strong client service focus
Ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines
Ability to manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment
Superior academic achievement
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
A little about us:
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.