McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
The bright, energetic and dynamic corporate attorney selected to fill this role will join McKesson’s Law Department as a member of the Subsidiary Management Team in the Corporate Secretary’s Department. S/he will have significant experience with corporate transactions and exposure to a broad range of tax, finance and accounting issues, among other experience, skills and abilities.
- Support corporate governance activities of McKesson’s subsidiaries worldwide, including formations, dissolutions, disassociations, withdrawals, liquidations, conversions, mergers, reorganizations and other corporate transactions;
- work closely with McKesson’s internal stakeholders worldwide (e.g., tax, treasury, accounting, payroll and human resources) to advance various intercompany transactions, which may include share transfers, contributions, distributions, loans, transfer pricing and other commercial arrangements);
- collaborate with McKesson’s M&A team to assist with timely and effective integration of newly acquired companies, and reorganizations of existing companies;
- work with McKesson’s business leaders to prepare and assemble board meeting materials, attend quarterly board meetings and annual general meetings of its international subsidiaries;
- draft charter documents, board meeting minutes, written consents and resolutions for boards and shareholders of McKesson’s subsidiaries organized in various jurisdictions around the globe;
- monitor changing rules and policies that could impact the governance of McKesson’s subsidiaries and advise on periodic compliance matters; and
- manage paralegals, outside counsel and various other service providers, as needed.
6 years as practicing attorney
6 years as practicing attorney at major law firm with exposure to sophisticated transactional work, including domestic and international M&A;
general corporate, tax and finance matters;
subsidiary governance, including drafting, reviewing and revising board minutes, charters, bylaws and various other governance documents;
- high proficiency using Word, PowerPoint, BoardVantage and Global Entity Management (GEMS), or similar programs; and
- documenting and providing legal counsel on a wide range of intercompany transactions, including transfer pricing agreements; and
project management of corporate reorganizations and integrations;
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to research and manage changing legal and business requirements and make appropriate recommendations;
- the ability to own specific matters or projects from beginning to end with moderate oversight;
- experience in coordinating with multiple corporate functions and managing outside service providers;
- strong attention to detail and process;
- the interpersonal skills required to be an effective team player; and
- the ability to work effectively with clients and promote the reputation and integrity of the Law Department and McKesson.
- Juris Doctor Degree with excellent academic credentials.
- Member of state bar in good standing.
General office demands.
Benefits & Company Statement
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at www.mckesson.com/careers
McKesson is in business for better health.