Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job DescriptionCounsel - Data Use and Privacy Practice Group
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company working to enable consumers, businesses, banks and governments to use digital currency.
We have a simple and unwavering vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We know that every Visa transaction is a promise. Whether it's a street vendor in Brazil selling food to make a living or a fisherman in Rwanda paying his daughter's school fees, we want to provide the most secure and seamless payment experience possible.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 11,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. About the Data Use and Privacy Practice Group
The Visa Legal Department's Data Use and Privacy practice group (DU&P) is Visa's central touchpoint for global data strategy, privacy compliance, and legal aspects of information security. Visa's global payments network connects thousands of banks and millions of merchants in over 200 countries and territories, with trillions of dollars of transactions passing over our network each year. Our goal is to enable data-centric business opportunities while protecting the Visa brand. To do this we engage with Visa business teams responsible for data analytics, direct-to-consumer digital services, business-to-business services, and support for loyalty programs and offers, among others. We also operate Visa's global privacy program, advising Information Security, Human Resources, and other internal groups on privacy issues. Position Summary
Reporting to Visa's Chief Privacy Officer and Head of Data Use, the candidate will have opportunities to be involved in all aspects of the company's privacy program. Depending on the candidate's skills and interests, s/he will:
- Work closely with product teams for digital offerings such as Visa Checkout and the Visa Commerce Network to define and implement user interfaces and processes that protect privacy rights;
- Advise data analytics functions on laws, contractual obligations, and ethical considerations affecting Big Data analysis and use;
- Counsel Human Resources on employee privacy issues;
- Assist the CPO in fulfilling his role as the primary legal advisor to Visa's global Information Security group;
- Manage and evolve Visa's global data use and privacy policies and strategies in coordination with colleagues based around the world, both responding to global legal changes and providing thought leadership on questions for which there is no developed law;
- Help Visa prepare for the entry into force of the new European General Data Protection Law (GDPR) in 2018;
- Support advocacy of Visa's data and privacy positions to key external audiences such as regulators and influencers; and
- Train colleagues in key parts of the company on privacy laws and other factors that define Visa's rights and responsibilities with regard to data.
The following qualifications are required:
- Juris Doctor degree or foreign equivalent with strong academic credentials;
- Admission to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction;
- For entry at the Counsel level, 5-8+ years of combined major law firm and in-house practice with substantive privacy background and experience;
- Strong understanding of IT, web technologies (especially those used in the collection, storage and analysis of data), mobile and connected devices;
- Experience providing practical advice to clients on data use and privacy issues;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to interact well and build excellent working relationships with all levels of management;
- A high level of self-motivation, initiative, and ability to operate effectively as a team player across different business units; and
- A passion to engage deeply with complex data use and privacy issues.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Understanding of online advertising, including underlying tracking technologies;
- Understanding of cybersecurity and network monitoring and security;
- Understanding of management of personal data in the HR context;
- Privacy program management experience;
- Experience in the payments industry;
- CIPP certification;
- Experience in drafting privacy policies and notices; and
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sharepoint).
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.