Counsel, Global Client Management
Posted: April 15, 2017
Reference ID: 113220911
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at
Visa works with one goal in mind making sure that Visa is the best way to pay
and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the
common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments
technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa
company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment
Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000
transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world,
enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the
world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global
economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA, World Cup,
celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have
a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa
offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa
is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on
delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over
the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of
the San Francisco Police Code.
The Counsel will be a member of the Legal Department in the Global Client Management group in North America. The Counsel will be responsible for providing day to day legal support to account executives and other internal clients in Visa's Financial Institution Sales and Merchant/Acceptance groups in North America, with a particular focus on the drafting and negotiation of strategic alliance and incentive agreements with external Visa clients.
Primary responsibilities will include (i) drafting and negotiating complex business transactions including brand incentive and strategic alliance agreements, issuer and merchant co-brand agreements, acquirer and merchant routing incentive agreements, and other general corporate/services agreements with external Visa clients; (ii) extensive business dealings with Visa's external client base including member financial institutions, merchant co-brand partners, prepaid program managers and processors and other Visa System participants, (iii) drafting, updating and managing template contracts to allow for a more efficient contract administration process and (iv) providing legal support to Visa's sales account executives responsible for managing client relationships with an emphasis on member financial institutions issuers/acquirers) and merchants in North America. The Counsel will work closely with Visa's incentive contract administration group ("CCM") and will have ongoing responsibility for managing Visa's incentive agreement templates.
- Required Education: J.D. with strong academic credentials and admitted to California Bar.
- Preferred Years Experience: 3-7 years; experience in top law firm and/or in-house environments.
- Background and knowledge of some or all of the following: the payment services industry and related credit and debit processing industries, banking and financial institutions laws and regulations, and/or antitrust and competition law. Intellectual property law expertise also a plus. Litigators will also be considered.
- Experience drafting, negotiating and/or litigating complex commercial transactions, with superior analytical, problem solving and writing skills.
- Strong people skills with proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal clients at all levels of management and work on cross functional teams on complex deals and process.
- Versatility, ability to prioritize and handle a large number of matters, and ability to work effectively and collegially on a small legal team with significant workload.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and strong computer skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.