Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at
Visa works with one goal in mind making sure that Visa is the best way to pay
and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the
common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments
technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa
company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment
Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000
transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world,
enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the
world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global
economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA, World Cup,
celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have
a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa
offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa
is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on
delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over
the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of
the San Francisco Police Code.
This in-house attorney position, based in Visa's Foster City office, will be a member of the Legal Department in Global
Product & Business Operations. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of complex commercial agreements, and will be familiar with product development. Knowledge of applicable law and regulations for payment products is preferred but not required. Successful candidate will have knowledge of privacy/data use, contract, marketing and intellectual property law and will have experience (preferably a combination of law firm and in-house) partnering with business teams to create new products. This position requires a business savvy team player who can partner with and counsel internal clients in a fast-moving environment without the need for heavy supervision.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of agreements, including service participation contracts with Visa member banks and non-financial institution business partners, supplier agreements, advertiser and publisher agreements, technology licenses, and other custom and template contracts
- Provide legal support for the development and enhancement of Visa products and services
- Counsel business and sales teams regarding deal structures and optimal approaches to addressing complicated business and legal issues
- Advise clients on a full range of legal issues, including product development, data use and security, marketing/advertising and regulatory issues
- Law degree from A.B.A. accredited law school required
- Member of California Bar required
- 7+ years' relevant legal experience, preferably in both top law firm and in-house environments
- Significant experience in drafting, negotiating and driving commercial agreements to completion
- Experience supporting product development and innovation functions
- Knowledge of payments industry, financial services, and/or emerging digital platforms preferred but not required
- Versatility, ability to prioritize and handle a large number of matters; ability to work, effectively and collegially on a small legal team with significant workload
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal clients at all levels of management and with cross-functional teams on complex deals and projects
- Must possess a strong business acumen, excellent analytical ability and written/oral communication and negotiation
- Must be a self-starter and proactive problem-solver with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.