This position is responsible for providing legal counsel to the corporation on multiple issues, including transactional, regulatory, telecommunications, environmental, employment, privacy and financial issues.
- Draft, review, and negotiate diverse contracts, including purchase, software license, construction, sales, agent and interconnection agreements.
- Maintain up-to-date expertise on federal and state regulations governing publicly traded companies and the telecommunications industry.
- Anticipate and minimize legal exposures
- Supervise and coordinate with outside legal counsel
- Provide legal counsel to all associates and officers
- Review advertising copy including brochures, print ads, radio and television ads
- Oversee litigation – manage outside counsel representing the company in formal litigation and provide internal support for responding to discovery, preparation of witnesses and overall tactical direction of such lawsuits.
- Provide legal support to the Director of Privacy concerning all federal and state regulations and laws relating to privacy, security and protection of customer and company sensitive information
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- 5+ years of legal experience
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Telecommunications background is preferred
- PC skills, including Microsoft Office, Westlaw, etc.
A little about us:
At U.S. Cellular, we are proud and passionate about providing the world’s best customer service. If you are interested in joining our dynamic organization, click the button below to apply on our company site!