Visa is seeking a commercial / generalist attorney to join the legal team supporting Visa's business operations in Latin America and the Caribbean. The Counsel will need to be able to juggle multiple, different matters and priorities in a dynamic and challenging, but rewarding, environment in a fast-moving industry; be a strong negotiator with strong influencing skills; and be self-motivated. You don't have to have prior payments experience, although you should be open to learning Visa's business model and the payments industry. The position is based in Miami, Florida and reports to the Senior Counsel for Greater LAC.
Primary responsibilities will include: (i) drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, including issuer, acquirer, merchant, and processor incentive agreements; merchant co-brand partner agreements; sponsorships; promotions; and consulting and vendor agreements; (ii) advising on business development activities and new products and services, including on antitrust, privacy, and intellectual property law; (iii) counseling on payment systems' regulations; (iv) in close coordination with Visa Inc.'s litigation team, managing dispute resolution and administrative proceedings; and (v) managing outside counsel.
- JD with strong academic credentials and admitted to practice in Florida or any other US jurisdiction
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) and proven ability to negotiate and draft agreements in both languages
- 3 - 7 years with a top-tier law firm and/or established multinational corporate law department
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial transactions, with superior analytical, problem solving, and writing skills
- Strong people skills with proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal clients at all levels of management and work on cross functional teams on complex deals and processes
- Versatility, ability to prioritize and handle a large number of matters, ability to work effectively and collegially on a small legal team with significant workload
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Occasional domestic and international travel
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.