Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description Position Summary:
This role r eports to the VP, Global Regulatory Affairs and will be a part of the centralized Global Regulatory Law team. We are seeking an attorney to assist with the Company's regulatory priorities at the state, federal and international levels. The position is based in New York. Responsibilities:
The Regulatory Counsel will be responsible for supporting the Company's regulatory and government activities in the U.S., both state and federal, as well as internationally, including assisting with the development of overall strategy and management of relationships with regulators.
Responsibilities also include supporting the development and management of the Company's regulatory submissions and filings, and reporting on regulatory requirements internally and in public filings; participating in and supporting coalitions with financial institution and merchant clients; monitoring, reporting and influencing the regulatory environment in the payments sector on a wide spectrum of issues, including competition, consumer protection, data security, privacy, risk and technology related issues; assisting in the evaluation of business proposals for regulatory compliance; supporting government relations outreach to legislators and regulatory agencies, including advising on applicable political law-related requirements; providing day-to-day legal advice to a variety of business units within the company.
The Regulatory Counsel will also assist in the development of short and long-term strategies to manage regulatory challenges that incorporate a variety of perspectives and priorities across the Company.
Finally, the Regulatory Counsel will also play a significant role in continuing to build necessary tools and processes for the team. Qualifications
- Required Education: JD (admitted to practice law in the United States)
- 6 to 8 years attorney experience in the areas of financial services and regulatory law, in a top law firm, in-house or governmental environment; experience in legislative and regulatory rulemaking processes a plus
- Experience in payments industry or banking; experience with the emerging and mobile payment technology landscape a plus
- Ability to provide practical, strategic and business-oriented legal advice
- Ability to effectively represent Visa before a variety of governmental bodies
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal clients at all levels of management and work within cross-functional teams to develop solutions to complex legal/business issues
- Ability to effectively manage multiple time sensitive tasks
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate strong communications, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.