About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Department Overview The Legal Department of TD Bank is committed to delivering the highest level of expertise, service, responsiveness and flexibility to our clients by understanding our clients' business, legal and regulatory requirements, anticipating emerging issues and providing flexible responses based on experience and by providing advice that protects the Bank's reputation and mitigates legal and regulatory risk. Job Description The Counsel provides legal advice and support to management in Corporate Group Functions and Business units. Functions as a legal advisor & resource in one or more defined subject matters and/or specific businesses. Provides legal dvice to the organization, prepares documents, resolutions, forms and pleadings, and participates in major legal actions. Responsible for foreseeing and protecting the company against legal risks. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Job Requirements • May manage administrative and paralegal staff and junior attorneys, assigning responsibilities and evaluating results; provides leadership, coaching, counseling and guidance to staff.
• Demonstrates highest professional ethical and behavioral standards, and complies with all applicable Bar Rules and Codes of
• Prevents and/or resolves conflicts with the team; encourages and empowers others.
• Assists in the management of expenditures for outside counsel.
• Reduces expenses in providing internal legal advice.
• Advises lines of business on practices that help minimize legal and litigation risk.
• Resolves most situations where conflicts arise between the needs Qualifications • JD from accredited law school required
• 5+ Years of related experience
• Admission to appropriate State Bar in good standing and licensed to practice law in the State
• Basic understanding of banking/financial services operations and issues
• Ability to simplify, problem solve, multitask and work effectively against deadlines
• Integrity and high moral standards
• Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Strong legal research and analysis skills
• Detail oriented
• Must be able to apply legal knowledge to the business
• Ability to exercise sound judgment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong teamwork and client skills
**Regulatory and industry knowledge, including familiarity with the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), Reg. D, Reg. E, Reg. DD, Reg. CC, Reg. GG, Reg. J, UCC Articles 3, 4 & 4A, the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), The Clearing House and their respective operating rules and initiatives.
**Familiarity with Retail Store Operations; Deposit Operations; Deposit Products; Cross-Border Banking; Prepaid Cards; Debit Cards; Online Banking; Mobile Banking; Phone Channel and ATMs; Global Security and Fraud Investigations (including Check Fraud & Identity Theft); IRA Accounts; Legal Process including Attachments; Abandoned Property; and Consumer and Small Business Complaints, including through the CFPB and OCC. Travel % Up to 20% Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey City (Primary) Mount Laurel
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.