Counsel Sr. Consultant (McLean, VA)
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Posted: January 10, 2017
Reference ID: 170000ES
Sr. Counsel – Federal Sales - McLean, VA
Dell Technologies, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. As a trusted technology provider to G20 governments for more than 20 years, Dell understands the budget concerns, purchasing process and complex security and compliance requirements of the Federal Government. Our technology solutions help maximize the benefits of previous investments and implement newer, more efficient ones that free up agency time and resources to move Federal Government departments forward in their mission.
We currently are looking for a senior government contracts attorney to provide legal support to the Dell federal sales segment. The core responsibilities of the position, which will be located in McLean, VA, include:
* Providing legal advice concerning all laws and regulations governing acquisition of US federal contracts, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and other FAR supplements, with a focus on commercial item procurement;
* Identifying and managing compliance issues and risk arising from US federal government procurement and business practice;
* Supporting timely responses to customer inquiries, reviews and audits;
* Providing proactive and effective counsel to Proposals, Contracts and Compliance teams in connection with US federal bids/proposals, contract formation, contract performance and contract close-out.
* Reviewing and analyzing solicitation terms and conditions to determine exposure and develop recommendations to mitigate risk associated with onerous terms and conditions;
* Assisting in the review and negotiation of non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, subcontracts and Statements of Work;
* Participating in customer negotiations as necessary;
* Managing and diffusing customer escalations.
* Assisting in assessing the merits of potential bid protests.
* Assisting in resolving disputes with partners and suppliers;
* Providing training and guidance on procurement integrity and ethics rules and regulations.
* Assisting in the development and delivery of policies and procedures for sales, finance and operations on applicable regulations and developments; and
* Supervising and managing outside counsel.
The qualifications for this position include:
* JD degree and member in good standing of at least one state bar.
* Minimum of 10 years of federal contracting experience in a law firm or corporate legal environment.
* Extensive knowledge of, and experience with, the FAR, DFARS and other federal government laws and regulations.
* Extensive knowledge of, and experience with, compliance related provisions such as the International Trade in Arms Regulations, Export Administration Regulations, Procurement Integrity Act and National Industrial Security Program Manual.
* Experience negotiating/reviewing non-disclosure, teaming agreements and subcontracts.
* Ability to set goals, prioritize and complete projects independently.
* Superior drafting and negotiation skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* An absolute commitment to excellence and integrity; and
* Eligibility to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance (active preferred).
/ Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
**Job:** **Legal - Counsel*
**Title:** *Counsel Sr. Consultant (McLean, VA)*
**Requisition ID:** *170000ES*