Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
In the role of Vice President and Counsel, the candidate will provide legal advice and counsel to State Street Global Markets' foreign exchange sales and trading business, which is a dynamic and growing over-the-counter trading businesses, including principal foreign exchange dealer services, agency foreign exchange services, currency management, StreetFX benchmark trading, and TruCross algorithmic trading. In addition to supporting the trading documentation requirements of State Street's over-the-counter foreign exchange trading business, the position would also provide opportunities to advise on regulatory matters, and support corporate level projects and initiatives. In particular, primary responsibilities for the position would include:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a broad range of legal contracts with customers of State Street Global Markets' over-the-counter foreign exchange trading businesses, including coordinating with multiple internal and external stakeholders,
- Managing the negotiation process to ensure accurate and timely execution of documents within a framework of tight deadlines.
- Liaising and coordinating with Risk, Compliance, Operations and Trading teams to resolve any pertinent issues.
- Performing reviews and impact analyses of complex supporting documentation, including ISDA protocols, netting and collateral enforceability opinions;
- Advising the business team on the legal implications of regulations applicable to the bank's over-the-counter trading businesses, including Dodd Frank, the Volcker Act, ERISA, FATCA and Basel III issues.
- Instructing and managing external counsel.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school. Licensed to practice in Massachusetts or other state of the United States.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience. Strong preference for in-house experience in a bank, fund, or corporate legal department combined with major law firm experience.
- Strong knowledge of ISDA documentation, definitions and protocols.
- Excellent legal drafting, planning, organizational and analytical ability.
- Strong ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Strong client service, negotiation, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently but also thrive in a global, dynamic and team-oriented environment.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.