Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Counter Sales Associate in Reading, Pennsylvania!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Counter Sales position sells medical, industrial and specialty gases, welding equipment and hard goods and tools to customers. This position responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers that call in. The Counter Sales associate provides additional warehouse support as needed. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers assisting customers with identification of product needs and locating merchandise.
• Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a timely basis. Documents sales, quotes or other information.
• Enters sales & quote data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
• Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and adhering to all administrative and accounting related procedures. Wraps and bags purchase and helps customers load merchandise into their vehicles.
• Provides warehouse support for shipping & receiving, inventory stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks. Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
• Follows all safety procedures. Uses established safety procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of cylinders.
• Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by management.
• Maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available. Keeps product knowledge current.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Welding Technology or Sales preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous product, warehouse and/or sales related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry with retail experience preferred.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Prior welding experience preferred such as knowledge in MIG, TIG, and STICK WELDING preferred.
- Prior experience operating a forklift preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to operate a fork-lift.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Frequently required to stand and/or sit, talk and hear.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate object, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Routinely required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell.
- Routinely required to transverse through branch office and/or production, warehouse locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires frequent use of computer and telephone and occasional use of a forklift, pallet jack or other material handling equipment.
- Ability to routinely lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move more than 200 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Primarily performs duties in an indoor office/production work environment.
- Occasionally may require outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions.
The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA, LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.