The role is a vital team member within the sales and operations team. This is a Professional Sales position within our Counter Sales Center structure that can lead to future Sales and Branch Management opportunities! In this position you will sell and interact with customers on a daily basis in a branch showroom environment. You will also serve as the key link between those customers, the Showroom Specialist and the Operations Manager and you will have the opportunity to cultivate and manage a customer base that will help ensure the success of the entire organization.
If you are a goal-driven team-player with exceptional interpersonal and retail customer service skills who is ready to serve others and help grow our company now, then come join our winning team!
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for selling a broad line of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC and MRO supplies
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Ensures upsale opportunities are sought-out and presented on each transaction
- Create daily plan for maximizing productivity and maintaining the facility
- Continuously strive to delight customers and ensure their satisfaction
- Learn and apply new product knowledge to enhance their satisfaction
- Apply creativity to organically grow sales through local marketing efforts, sales promos, and local trade associate involvement
- Must be familiar with the Professional Contractor market
- Responsible for learning the Barnett product lines and Systems
- Demonstrate the ability to learn the systems needed to succeed (RS6000 and Bridge)
- Demonstrate the ability to learn the Barnett catalog and navigate the website
- Understand computer, phone, email, and fax functions
- Effectively Communicate across all levels of the organization
- Efficient communication with the Pro Center Management Team and Operations Staff
- Effective management communications with Pro Center personnel
- Recognize and communicate market conditions and take the initiative to capitalize
- Immediately up-channel any replenishment issues to avoid a critical situation
- Monitor and adjust stocking Min/Max levels to ensure proper levels of inventory on hand at all times
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Operations Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Knowledge of- and Familiarity with- the Professional Contractor Market- highly preferred
Preferred: Exceptional communication, business acumen, organized, developed negotiation skills, time management, problem solving, and understanding of technology
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Must have at least 2 years of retail experience: (GVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and/or MRO markets preferred
Exceptional Interpersonal and Organizational Skills
Ability to effectively manage time and assist with all branch operations
Ability to lift 60-pound weights or more
Ability to work retail store hours with flexibility
Other Skills: Ethics, drive, perseverance, learning orientation, dealing with ambiguity, reasoning, analytical, communication, problem-solving skills, strong supervisory, leadership, interpersonal and selling skills, Ability to Multi-task and handle deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!