Are you ready to lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Counter Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
The Counter Sales position sells medical, industrial and specialty gases, welding equipment and hard goods and tools to customers. This position responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers that call in. The Counter Sales associate provides additional warehouse support as needed.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will have:
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers assisting customers with identification of product needs and locating merchandise.
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a timely basis. Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales & quote data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and adhering to all administrative and accounting related procedures. Wraps and bags purchase and helps customers load merchandise into their vehicles.
- Provides warehouse support for shipping & receiving, inventory stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks. Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Follows all safety procedures. Uses established safety procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of cylinders.
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by management.
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available. Keeps product knowledge current.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Welding Technology or Sales preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous product, warehouse and/or sales related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry with retail experience preferred.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Prior welding experience preferred such as knowledge in MIG, TIG, and STICK WELDING preferred.
- Prior experience operating a forklift preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to operate a fork-lift.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Routinely required to transverse through branch office and/or production, warehouse locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires frequent use of computer and telephone and occasional use of a forklift, pallet jack or other material handling equipment.
- Employee will frequently be required to position self to stock inventory and handle cylinders.
- Ability to routinely move up to 60 pounds and move more than 60 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Primarily performs duties in an indoor office, warehouse or production work environment.
- Environment may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for an extended period of time or on a continual basis.
- Occasionally may require outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.