Are you ready to lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Counter Sales Associate in Piscataway, NJ!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations.
The purpose of the Counter Sales Associate is to sell medical, industrial and specialty gases, welding equipment and hard goods and tools to customers. Responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers that call in. The Counter Sales Associate provides additional warehouse support as needed.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will have:
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers.
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a timely basis.
- Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales & quote data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and adhering to all administrative and accounting related procedures. Wraps and bags purchase and helps customers load merchandise into their vehicles.
- Helps customers to identify product needs and locating merchandise.
- Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Assist in warehouse in shipping & receiving, inventory stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks.
- Uses established safety procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of cylinders.
- Keeps product knowledge current; maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available and maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by management.
- Follows all safety procedures and all verbal directives by management as requested.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Welding Technology or Sales preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous product, warehouse and/or sales related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry with retail experience preferred.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Prior welding experience preferred such as knowledge in MIG, TIG, and Stick Welding preferred.
- Prior experience operating a forklift preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Ability to problem-solve.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability