We are a National Logistics Company seeking entry level full time dispatcher to work and train in Northwest Chicago area. This highly visible position has great growth potential for the right individual.
Acts as the interface between the client and vendor. Accountable to develop and maintain the most cost effective and efficient logistics platform to maximize profitability and customer savings. This includes service optimization, track and trace interfaces or issues and handling client and vendor interactions for on demand and routed freight. Sort packages and or parcels when needed. The right candidate will be willing to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends.
Work assignments are typically routine and non-complex in nature and follow established policies and procedures. Receive some instruction in completing routine assignments and may receive more detailed instructions for new or more complex assignments. Routine work may be reviewed through spot checking or occasionally as an end product; new or more complex assignments are reviewed as each task is completed. Ability to determine how work is completed within parameters of following established processes and procedures.
- Accountable for dispatching and assigning vendors based on client demands and service requirements. Be able to quickly move to an alternate vendor when business conditions (availability, price, or quality) dictate change.
- Accountable for tracking and tracing all outbound and some inbound deliveries and working with team lead to resolve service issues and failures.
- Respond to daily inquires made by customer and/or vendor in relation to product movement, providing ETAs or managing a package search.
- Understand the planned customer requirements based on schedules for services and/or product flow through the plant/distribution center. Based on the understanding of planned needs, be able to project service requirements and determine how best to meet those needs.
- Combine work where customer requirements permit to enhance the profitability. Ability to review scheduled services and to make recommendations as to how cost could be reduced or timeliness improved.
- For freight moves, research alternatives with multiple vendors. Submit recommendations for low cost/best service vendors to lead for approval.
- Follows SOP's and work instructions and supports continuous improvement results in conjunction with Lead and Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.